a different way of looking at the world
Askance is a small publishing house established in 2011 to plug the gap between traditional publishers (who lack communication, are slow to process and fixated on mainstream best-sellers) and vanity publishers (who print anything and charge more than they need to).
Askance wanted to take advantage of print-on-demand and e-book technology and offer writers something better. Namely:-
- A publishing house that focuses on quality and is selective, but doesn’t disregard authors who are not quite ready to be published – instead offers them developmental guidance
- An affordable way to see a book in print.
- Support for authors who sell in volume, but also for other works of art and writing that “deserves to be read”.
- To support arts events and offer a full range of publishing services, including launches.
- To promote literacy and charities with community programmes and competitions